Arts and Communications
Your Platform Awaits
Put both your creative spirit and your technical mind to work to create visual assets for the digital world. Your talent could take you anywhere from education to entertainment to advertising and beyond!
Which pathway is offered?
Digital Design—This pathway prepares students to design, produce, and publish multimedia content, including visual and performing arts and design.
Digital Photography—This pathway is designed for students who want to enhance their photographic knowledge and abilities with an emphasis on skills used in commercial photography.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Creative art director
- 3D animator
- Graphic designer
- Applications software developer
- Multimedia artist or designer
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
What could my future look like with this career?**
**Data is from Lightcast and is updated frequently.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) Graphic Design & Illustration using Illustrator
- ACA Visual Communication using Adobe Photoshop certification
- ACA Print and Digital Media Publishing using Adobe InDesign certification
- ACT National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC)